The Codea and Reefwing Robotics tutorial web sites are our attempt to give something back to the community.
If you are interested in developing applications for the iPad, on the iPad, then Codea Tutorials can help you get started.
I have been coding in Objective C since 2009. Prior to that I was working in C# mostly and back in the 1980’s it was assembler, FORTRAN and C. I did a bit of C++ but never really got into it. Since writing my first iPhone App (Life Goals), I always wanted the option to develop on the iPad. Well the good folks at Two Lives Left have come to the rescue with Codea (the App formerly known as Codify).
While lots of sample code is provided with the App and there is an active forum, I wasn’t able to find a collected set of tutorials on how to use Codea. For experienced programmers it isn’t too tricky to pick up (though you do need to learn a new programming/scripting language – Lua). I suspect though, that a lot of folks using Codea will be starting out and this may be their first venture into the exciting world of coding. I have found that the best way to learn is to do something, so the tutorials start with developing some classes which you can use in your own programs. They then port across a game that I wrote for the XBox in C# and show you how to submit it to Apple (and hopefully get it approved) for distribution on iTunes.
As a developer I have been impressed by the amount of code that people have been willing to share to make my life easier. This is my attempt to give a little something back to the community.
The Reefwing Robotics blog is primarily interested in all things robotics, however it does also cover other areas of electronics design as well. The designs are based primarily on the Arduino and Raspberry Pi micro-controllers. Some of the topics covered include:
- Approaches to AI
- Kitt (from Knight rider) Voice Display Board
- Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F IR Distance Sensor (20-150 cm) Arduino Library
- Connecting the Duinotech 3 Axis Compass to an Arduino
- Parallax HB-25 Motor Control Library for Arduino
- Bluetooth (BLE) Robot Remote Control using an iPhone
- Penetration Testing with a Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Voice Recognition
- Raspberry Pi and the Duinotech Servo (SG90) Pan and Tilt mount
- Python Servo Module/Library for Raspberry Pi
- Installing the Raspberry Pi Camera
- Raspberry Pi and the Seeed Motor Drive Controller
- Raspberry Pi Motor Board Python Class
- Streaming Video from the Raspberry Pi Camera
- Controlling the Raspberry Pi via a web browser
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Python Class for Raspberry Pi
- Node Red Dashboard for Raspberry Pi
- pcDuino and the Adafruit 5″ LCD HDMI Display
- Flight Tracking (ADS-B) using the pcDuino
- Flight Tracking (ADS-B) using the Raspberry Pi
- LCR-T4 Mega328 Component Tester
- Duinotech 8 x 8 LED Dot Matrix Module
- Salae Logic & Protocol Analyzer 8 – Review and Tutorial